Now, since we are dealing with divine providence, and are dealing at this point with the fact that it focuses on what is infinite and eternal in everything it does, and since this can be conveyed clearly only if it is put in a particular sequence, that sequence will be as follows:
- What is intrinsically infinite and intrinsically eternal is the same as Divinity.
- What is intrinsically infinite and eternal can only focus on what is infinite from itself in what is finite.
- In everything it does, divine providence focuses on what is infinite and eternal from itself, especially in the intent to save the human race.
- There is an image of what is infinite and eternal in the angelic heaven made up of members of the human race who have been saved.
- The very core of divine providence is its focus on what is infinite and eternal in the forming of the angelic heaven so that it can be a single person in the Lord’s sight, a person who is his image.
from Divine Providence, Section 47